Monday, June 18, 2012

My thoughts on "Join The Battle"

So this week the Blue Jackets announced they would drop the "Gotta See it Live!" catch phrase that they had dragged through last season with a fresh new catch phrase "Join The Battle". So my initial reaction was thank god they are getting rid of Gotta See it Live, that was just as bad as Hardcore Hockey! I agree with a lot of people that Gotta See it Live just made us the fans seem like spectators that had nothing to do with game and we had no real affect on the team like we were just there to fill seats and watch. It also lead to the easy joke "Well you don't have to see it live to know they suck!" and in my opinion they overused Gotta See it Live to the point where if they continued to use it into this season I think I'd stop watching the Jackets on tv just to avoid the commercial!

I like Join The Battle a lot it plays to the Civil War aspect of the team which I've always liked. It also makes it seem like the fans are a part of the team and that we have a major impact on the teams performance whether that's financially or standings wise. Join The Battle is short and sweet and hopefully it won't involve Jeff Rimer screaming the phrase in every Jackets commercial.

In closing I like Join The Battle it's short and sweet, plays to the Civil War aspect of the team, thankfully replaces Gotta See it Live, makes a good # on twitter #JTB, and gives the fans the impression that they have something to bring to the team and they can help the Jackets succeed.


303566_10150893545058918_1093090717_n.jpg

1 comment: